Pages

Jul 28, 2011

Let your Geek flag fly!


Yep, Ill admit it, my secret (or not so much) is out. I'm a geek. In the past being called a geek was so not cool, but in the recent years more and more of us are becoming accepted and in fact down right proud. I say its the age of the computer really. And now the term Geek stands for so much more. You dont have to be a computer genius to be a geek. (although I can read and write code and know binary and open source) Its so much more. Also not to be confused with nerd, who generally have little to no social skills.

Take me for instance. I am a big fan of LOTR ( if you know LOTR without googling you may be geek), I spend most of my free time in front of a computer, I prefer E books over paper books, Im a huge fan of science fiction shows and it felt like chrismas morning when Wil Wheaton, Felicia Day and Stan Lee were on Eureka ( if you know who any of them are....you may be a geek) I prefer to stay in and watch a good movie than to go out ( say "clubbing") My child knew the theme of Star Wars before he could sing twinkle twinkle and could control any game system without the aid an adult by the time he was 4.( if your kid can work a computer better than your mom...you may be a geek) If I could, I would go to every Comicon in costume! ( if you know what comicon is ....you may be a geek) I know the differences between a .jpg .eps .pdf .indd .png  .doc etc file and know which one I just simply try to avoid at all cost. ( if you know too.... you may be a geek) I participate in online discussion boards and chat rooms regularly ( in fact I met my husband online). I play video games and beat MYST in a month. I even know what a guild is. ( if you know what that is...you may be a geek) Ive stood in line all night to be the first in line to get a copy of the newest Harry Potter ( if you dont know who that is.....you need to crawl out from under your rock!) this list could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Im a Geek.. and Im proud. Are you a Geek? Flash some of your geek cred and be proud! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for love!